Sydney is a litigation associate for West Mermis PLLC. She represents clients in a variety of complex litigation matters with a focus on construction disputes. Sydney assists companies in handling commercial and residential construction disputes, contract drafting and review and worksite accidents. She routinely represents contractors, independent business owners and insurance companies.
Prior to joining West Mermis, Sydney served as a judicial intern for The Honorable Gray H. Miller of the Southern District of Texas Court.
- Represented a general contractor in action against a subcontractor related to a breach of construction contract on a multi-million dollar road construction project.
- Represented homeowners in large residential subdivision against general contractor to recover damages related to construction defects.
- Represented homeowner against neighbor asserting an adverse possession claim over a portion of the homeowner’s property.
- Represented client who was severely injured in an automobile collision with an 18-wheeler.*
- While working as a judicial intern for the Honorable Sr. Judge Gray Miller of the Southern District of Texas, drafted the final Order on a Motion for Default Judgment for a complex Title VII employment discrimination case.*
- Represented an employee in a U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission discrimination claim.*
* An asterisk denotes experience performed by one of our lawyers at a previous firm