Joshua is a litigation associate for West Mermis PLLC. His practice focuses on the representation of general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers in construction disputes. As a litigator, Joshua prioritizes the business needs of his clients to achieve their goals in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
In school, Joshua was very active in Moot Court and on the Trial Team. He earned state and national awards, including multiple championships and All-American recognition. In recognition of his accomplishments, Joshua was named to the Order of the Barristers, a national honor society for excellence in advocacy.
- Successfully defended a Fortune 500 energy producer in a workplace injury claim filed by one of its subcontractors.
Represented a chemical company in a personal injury claim.
Represented a road construction company in a workplace injury claim.
- Represented condominium general contractor in ongoing curtain wall construction litigation.
- Successfully represented ovarian cancer victims in state supreme court appeal of multi-billion dollar product liability verdict against a Fortune 500 Company.*
- Represented plaintiffs in ongoing multi-district antitrust litigation against a Fortune 500 Company that is a medical device manufacturer.*
- Represented general contractor in action against subcontractor related to a breach of construction contract on a multi-million dollar road construction project.*
* An asterisk denotes experience performed by one of our lawyers at a previous firm