Anam provides legal counsel with respect to construction law and commercial litigation issues. She routinely represents residential and commercial construction clients throughout the litigation and arbitration processes. Anam’s experience covers a variety of disputes involving construction defects, breach of contract claims, payment disputes, liens, negligence, insurance coverage, and personal injury issues.
Anam has successfully represented general contractors, subcontractors, manufacturers, insurance companies, owners and individuals in litigation matters.
Anam has her professional research certification from Lexis Nexis, and she is a frequent author on pressing issues impacting the construction industry. Prior to joining West Mermis, Anam clerked with the District Attorney’s Office, the General Counsel department of a regional bank, and a boutique litigation firm. Outside of work Anam enjoys traveling and practicing yoga.
- Defended a project management and engineering subcontractor in a bankruptcy preferential action against the trustee of a general contractor.
- Defended a commercial landscaping employer in a Fair Labor Standard Act action against a former employee.
- Defended a general contractor in a payment dispute under the Texas Prompt Pay Act against a second-tier subcontractor relating to construction of a county courthouse.
- Successfully represented homeowners in a fraud and Theft Liability Act claim against a general contractor relating to construction of residential property.
- Successfully represented a glass subcontractor in a delay and disruption dispute against a general contractor relating to a multi-million dollar luxury high rise hotel.
- Represented owners in a multi-million dollar construction and design defect dispute against an architect and general contractor relating to commercial property.
- Author: “Mechanic’s Lien Affidavit- Substantial Compliance,” by Anam R. Fazli, 2021
- Author: “Applicability of Homebuilder’s Arbitration Provision on Children,” by Anam R. Fazli, 2021
- Author: “COVID-19: Who Bears the Cost for Construction Delays?,” by Anam R. Fazli, 2020